neighbours working together to make our community strong
Once we're really communicating, we have to do much better at planning and working together to build a strong and resilient community.
I'm committed to working collaboratively toward solutions -- with citizens, community groups, neighbouring governments, First Nations and senior levels of government.
Democracy can and should be a collaboration. It should not feel like a tug of war, but more like building a house or planting a garden.
- Actively work to improve relations between Council and First Nations.
- Actively work to improve relations between Council and citizens.
- Explore shared use of public infrastructure; for instance, using schools as local community centers in the evenings and on weekends.
- Pressure senior levels of government to tie grants to local priorities.
- Proactive collaboration between Council and citizens, non profit groups, First Nations, and government agencies such as: VIRL, VIHA, SD 79, CVRD, City of Duncan and Ladysmith, as well as Province of BC and Federal Government.